In 2000, we began presenting films in Kelowna as an affiliate of the Shuswap Film Society, a wonderful group of people in Salmon Arm who have been providing films in Salmon Arm for many years. In 2008, we became independent and formed the Kelowna Film Society, a non-profit organization. We thank our loyal audiences and volunteers for their tremendous support!
Our AGM was held June 7, 2017 at the Parkinson Activity Centre, with the Board of Directors for 2017-2018 elected as follows:
• Chairperson: Ruth Mellor
• Vice-Chairperson and Film Selection Committee Chairperson: Ed McLean
• Secretary: Brenda Gilbert
• Treasurer: Wayne Bridges
• Print Traffic: Gary Mellor and Ruth Wilson
• Volunteer Coordinator: Carole Bridges and Chris Bishoff
• Website Liaison: Ruth Wilson
• Brochure and Memberships: Brenda Gilbert
• Scholarships and Bursary Committee Chairperson: Mick McGarry
The Kelowna Film Society Annual General Meeting for 2018-2019 date and time is yet to be determined. The AGM will be held at the Parkinson Activity Centre. Prior to the meeting, you will have the opportunity to meet some of the new and former recipients of the KFS bursaries. All audience participants welcome. If you have the time and interest to help us out in any capacity (volunteer, committees, or Board Director), please contact us.