In 2000, we began presenting films in Kelowna as an affiliate of the Shuswap Film Society, a wonderful group of people in Salmon Arm who have been providing films in Salmon Arm for many years. In 2008, we became independent and formed the Kelowna Film Society, a non-profit organization. We thank our loyal audiences and volunteers for their tremendous support!
Our last AGM was held June 2021 at the Barlee Park with Board of Directors for 2021-2022 elected as follows:
• Chair: Ruth Mellor
• Vice-Chair and Film Selection Committee Chairperson: Ed McLean
• Secretary: Brenda Gilbert
• Treasurer: Wayne Bridges
• Website Liaison: Ruth Wilson
• Brochures: Brenda Gilbert
• Scholarships and Bursary Committee Chairperson: Brent Mardon
• Member At Large: Martyn Topham
Committees of the Board:
• Print Traffic: Gary Mellor and Ruth Wilson
• Volunteer Coordinator: Carole Bridges
The Kelowna Film Society Annual General Meeting is typically scheduled each year in June. The AGM is held at the Parkinson Seniors Centre in an upstairs conference room beginning at 7:00 pm. All audience participants welcome to attend the AGM.
At 6:00 pm, prior to the meeting, we have a Volunteer Appreciation get together.
We currently have our full complement of volunteers. However, if you have the time and interest to help us out in any capacity (volunteer, committees, or Board Director), please contact us and we will add you to our volunteer reserve list.